If you are spending too much time infront of computers, your eyes are the ones that gets starined to the maximum. Taking breaks at regular intervals will help to ease this strain and to protect your vision. A good rule here is to follow 20-20-20 rule to keep your vision intact for the future.
As per this rule, every 20 minutes, take your eyes off your computer and look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds. eyeCare is a Google Chrome extension that will reminded you to take this break.
- Reminds to take breaks based on 20-20-20 rule.
- Ability to customize the duration of the reminder.
- Ability to run in the system tray from system startup, even when Chrome is not running.
- Provides you instructions on how to spend your break time.
- Ability to customize and configure the break alert using dekstop notification, sound notification etc.
- Ability to disable and enable as needed, with a single click.
- The extension icon can flash/blink as break notification for 20 seconds
- Countdown display of the time remaining for the break (can be used as a standalone countdown timer too).
- Automatic synchronization of settings across your devices on the same browser.
- Ability to temporarily pause the notifications and reminders. Eyecare automatically resumes protection after the specified duration.
This is a must-have extension for computer professionals with lower back (spine) related problems, neck pain, eye-strain related headaches and red-eye.
Repetitive stress injury (RSI) and eye strain are the common ailments among computer users. Taking a break every few minutes is going to save your health and vision. Have a great health!
- “The greatest wealth is Health.”
How eyeCare works?
Reader's choice award
eyeCare: Best Google Chrome extensions in 2020 (Reader's choice)Know more..
Best Google Chrome Extension
eyeCare: One of the Best Google Chrome Extensions of 2020Know more..
Makes your life easier
eyeCare makes your life easier - 2019Know more..